Email Me

I greatly value the views of my constituents and use them to help shape my actions in Congress. I invite you to use the form below to send me your thoughts on pending legislation. If you have an urgent issue with a federal agency (such as the Department of Veterans Affairs or the Social Security Administration), please contact my Rhode Island office directly by calling (401) 732-9400. Please also note that Congressional franking regulations preclude my responding to inquiries of a purely political nature.

Maximizing Your Impact

Because I receive hundreds of letters and emails each day, you can help boost the effectiveness of your correspondence by:

  • Sending emails through this form, rather than through third-party websites;
  • Confining each letter to a single issue, rather than multiple issues; and
  • Including the particular bill number (or letter author) that you are writing about.

Although I try to respond to letters as soon as possible, due to the volume of mail I receive it may take weeks to receive a reply. I appreciate your patience and thank you for your input!


Step One - Zip Authentication

* marks required fields of data.

Your Zip Code

As a matter of courtesy to my Congressional colleagues and due to the large volume of email I receive, I am regrettably unable to reply to any correspondence from outside of the Second Congressional District of Rhode Island. Please enter your zip code to verify residency and go to the next step. If you are not a resident of the Second District, you may contact your own Representative through the House’s Find Your Representative feature.


If you do not know the four digit +4 extension for your zip code, please check the U.S. Postal Service website for more information.

If you have any difficulties, please phone (202) 225-2735 or report a website problem.