Seniors are a vital part of the Second District’s community, and my office strives to make your interactions with the federal government as simple as possible. To that end, I have collected several resources that you may find helpful. As always, please feel free to contact my district office for any additional assistance.
Social Security and Medicare
Social Security and Medicare are two of the most important programs administered by the federal government. I am committed to upholding the promise of a healthy, comfortable retirement for all seniors.
- Do you want to know how the Supreme Court’s decision striking down Section 3 of the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) affects your access to benefits? Check out this fact sheet.
- Do you want to know if you qualify for disability and SSI? Use Social Security’s Screening Tool to check if you do.
- Do you want to know if you are eligible for Medicare? Find out with the Medicare Eligibility Tool.
- Do you need information on how to apply for Medicare? Go to the Medicare Frequently Asked Questions page.
- Do you have other general questions about social security services and benefits? Find an answer on the Social Security Administration's Answers to Your Questions page.